Spaghetti Carbonara with SMART Fibre Spaghetti
Recipe created by @the_healthy_diary
Cooking time: 15 minutes, serves 1
- 70g Vetta SMART Fibre Spaghetti
- 100g mushrooms, diced
- 1 egg
- 5g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 5g light butter
- 1/4 onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Spring onions or chives to garnish
- Cook pasta as per package directions. Make sure it's al dente. Save about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Combine the egg and grated parmesan in a bowl. Season with sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a pan, add the butter and let it melt for 15 seconds. Add the garlic and onions and fry for about 1 minute until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 30 seconds. Add the spaghetti and stir for a further 30 seconds. Add a little bit of the pasta water - about 2 tbs (the starch from the water will help with thickening the sauce).
- Remove pan from the heat, stir the egg mixture into the spaghetti and keep stirring for 1 minute to coat all the pasta, and to ensure the egg mixture stays smooth and creamy and doesn't scramble.
- Serve immediately. Top up with chopped spring onions or chives.