Festive Spiced Pancakes with Vetta SMART Protein Flour
Serves: 8 pancakes
- 180g Vetta SMART Protein Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp dark brown or molasses sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ tsp dried ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 egg - lightly whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 190 ml buttermilk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Maple Syrup
- Fresh Cherries
- Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves into a large bowl. Mix together until combined.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and buttermilk, then mix until just combined using a balloon whisk.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan (skillet) over medium heat. Pour in mixture to your desired size pancake. Turn the pancake over when bubbles form on top and then burst, and the edges start to look firm (about 2-3 minutes). Cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the mixture - until all the pancakes are cooked (you can keep the pancakes warm in a very low oven whilst you’re making each batch).
- Serve the pancakes topped with a pat of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup. You can also decorate with a gingerbread man and cherries.