Spicy Vodka Pasta with SMART Fibre Penne
Inspired by Gigi Hadid's infamous Vodka Pasta recipe, this one's packed with flavour!
- 250g Vetta SMART Fibre Penne
- 1 tablespoon Bondi Blue Vodka
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, diced
- ¼ green onion
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Basil, chopped, to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook until soft.
- Add tomato paste and cook until it appears “darker [in colour] / a bit caramelised”.
- Add in the heavy cream.
- Add vodka and cook through until evaporated.
- Add in the red pepper flakes. Add in more flakes if you like it extra spicy.
- Keep stirring until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove sauce from the heat.
- Cook pasta separately. When the pasta is done, save ¼ of the pasta water before draining.
- Add in the butter. Stir over a medium heat til the butter has melted and the sauce is “sauccyyyy”.
- Add pasta – and the pasta water – to the sauce. Add parmesan cheese and stir. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and basil to serve.