Pureed Silverbeet and Roasted Pine Nuts
Product not available.
Please try the recipe with our SMART Fibre and Protein Range
- 500g Vetta High Fibre Fettuccine
- 5 tablespoons thickened cream
- 1 bunch silverbeet, leaves only, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ brown onion, roughly diced
- Grated parmesan cheese to serve
- Salt and cracked pepper, to serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for serving
- Steam silverbeet leaves over a pot of boiling water for 10- 15 minutes until the leaves have softened. Put leaves aside.
- Meanwhile, place the onion, garlic and a tablespoon each of butter and olive oil into a frying pan. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent and lightly golden in colour. Remove pan from heat and put aside.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and put aside.
- Toast pine nuts by spreading nuts onto a baking tray and placing into an oven for 3-4 minutes at 120⁰C (watch carefully as they can burn very quickly).
- Place steamed silverbeet, onion, garlic, nutmeg, pinch of salt, cream and the remaining butter into a food processor. Blend ingredients until the resulting puree is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the silverbeet puree over the cooked pasta and stir through until pasta is evenly coated.
- To serve, top pasta with grated parmesan cheese, toasted pine nuts, and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and cracked pepper to taste.